Granite and other natural stones (such as marble and slate) are common in modern home design. Countertops, trim, backsplashes, and other surfaces can be made of stone and these design choices are often among the most elegant and eye-catching parts of your kitchen and dining areas. While durable and tough stone surfaces still need regular cleaning and protective care. Without proper care stone surfaces can lose their shine becoming dull, stains can seep into the stone, and over a long enough period, the stone itself can weaken. By applying a sealant after cleaning you can protect your stone surfaces from moisture, oils, and other common home hazards.
The Five Best Natural Stone and Granite Sealers
When shopping for sealant for your home there are many options to choose from. With a vast selection of sealants and other cleaners focused on natural stone surfaces it can be challenging to narrow down your choices. Here are five of the most popular and effective sealants you can purchase for home use.
- Rock Doctor Granite & Stone Sealer: when you need an effective sealer for granite and stone countertops and surfaces Rock Doctor Granite & Stone Sealer offers the best performance out of the many options available today. A deep bonding water-based sealant can protect your stone surfaces from moisture, stains, spills, and other damage. Safe to use on several types of surfaces Rock Doctor Granite & Stone Sealer can help keep your home looking its best.
- Black Diamond Natural Stone Penetrating Sealer: a well-known brand, Black Diamond is a popular solution for sealant needs. Biodegradable with a nice odor this granite sealer is easy to apply and use. This is also a versatile spray that can be used on many types of stone surfaces. A downside is that it needs more applications than some other brands to be as effective as it can be.
- StoneTech BulletProof Sealer: designed for use on granite, marble, slate, and other types of natural stone surfaces StoneTech BulletProof Sealer quickly bonds with many types of surfaces and provides a high degree of protection. Notably, this sealant protects well against oil and water-based stains and only a small amount is needed to seal a large surface area. Downsides include its higher price than other options and specific directions to achieve the highest possible protection results.
- Granite Gold Granite Sealer Spray: Granite Gold is well respected for producing products that meet the high standards of its buyers. The Granite Gold Granite Sealer Spray offers high levels of protection without the use of harsh chemicals (such as ammonia) and is biodegradable and non-toxic making it safe to use in your home without fear of any unexpected hazards. It is also a versatile sealant working on several types of stone surfaces. A downside of this sealant is that it does produce a strong odor after use, and you may have to properly ventilate your home to help remove the smell.
- TriNova Granite Sealer & Protector: a stand-alone sealant TriNova Granite Sealer & Protector is designed to be, along with an additional cleaner and more thorough cleaning schedule. A polymer blend this sealer is specifically formulated to protect your countertops and stone surfaces from unsightly stains and water spots.
Your home is meant to be a comfortable and relaxing place your shelter from the outside world and its many troubles and stressors. Part of keeping your home in good condition is taking all the precautions to prevent unneeded damage. By applying sealant as needed to your granite and natural stone surfaces you help keep them in like-new condition for years. This not only makes your home a better place to live it can also prevent expensive repairs.