The tapestries are perfect for decorating all types of walls, and as there is so much variety on the market you can adjust them to any decorative style. Do you want to know how to hang a tapestry on the wall? Read on and take note of the different ways to do it.
When it comes to decorating a wall you have a large number of styles and possibilities, all of them ideal to give a special touch to any environment.
- The first thing you have to do is choose the most suitable tapestry, starting with its size. Decide which one you want based on whether you need it to cover imperfections or just for decoration. Opt for designs that have a meaning for you, since you will see them a lot and that is better than putting something that does not really tell you or contribute anything.
- Ideally, it should be a light tapestry, and that the weight is evenly distributed. If it is heavy, you can hang it on the wall as well but better to use a curtain rod.
- Sew adhesive tapes on the back of the tapes so that you can stick them on the wall and hang it up.
- Another method of hanging a tapestry on the wall is by sewing the ribbon at the top back. In this case, screw a wooden strip to the wall and then staple the part of the tapestry where you have glued the tape. Cotton laces are a reliable alternative to ribbon.
- If you don’t want to use any of the above methods, you can frame the tapestry and hang it up like a painting.
- Keep in mind that it is preferable to put the tapestry in a place where it does not receive direct sunlight, as it will gradually lose color.
- Do not put it near places with humidity or in areas where steam is generated frequently. Unthinkable to hang a tapestry in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Ideally, it should be between 1.20 and 2 meters above the ground. If you hang it on a table, sofa, or any other piece of furniture, that the distance between the tapestry and that element is not more than 20 centimeters.