When it comes to promoting your business, nothing is as powerful and direct as email marketing. These days, our email is as close to us as our house keys. Just imagine your business being that close too. Indeed, by creating an email marketing campaign, you can have a direct channel to market your product or services. Not only will this boost revenue, but it will also boost brand recognition. Plus, if we keep our email that close to us, just imagine how many more people will see a single email if it seems relevant enough to forward to friends. And what if there was an incentive to send it to friends? Here are five useful and effective email marketing tips for startups.
- Blow them away with the subject line. Just like an advertisement uses a tagline to draw customers in, you have to use an amazing subject line to get people to open a particular email. When it comes down to it, most of get dozens of promotional emails a day. Some of those emails are automatically categorized in a promotional folder, so half or more of them don’t even get read. So, you need to be that one email that stands out, which is why your subject line is so critical.
- Pictures say a thousand words without saying anything at all. When you open an email that has a lot of text – what is your first response? – Usually, you’ll close the email and tell yourself that you’ll read it later. All of a sudden, the day goes by and you haven’t even looked at the email – you may never get around to reading it at all. This is why your email marketing campaign must be picture heavy. You want to say as much as you can with a single photograph.
- Create a hierarchy of text. In an email, you want to find a way to highlight the important stuff without making it seem obvious. This is why you want to create a hierarchy. At the top, you want to showcase the most important information. The secondary information can go in the middle. And the tertiary information should go at the bottom. The reason why you want to do this is because you want the most critical information to jump out at the reader.
- Use an intuitive platform for your email marketing campaign. You don’t want to use just any email marketing company for your campaign, you want to use a platform that will really get the message out there. For instance,Emma Email Marketing Services offers many tools to send out your campaign intuitively and effectively. Not only do you want people to open the email, but you also want them to click on the information.
- Offer the incentive to share the email. Not only do you want to have buttons where people can share the email on social media – you also want to offer some kind of incentive for sharing the email with friends. The best way to do this is with discounts or some kind of special, limited-time offer. In the end, if you can get more life out of one email, it will be well worth it to hand out discounts.
Source: Email Marketing by the Numbers: A Smart Investment by Campaign Monitor