More and more people are enjoying the benefits of beauty treatments – and for good reason. The beauty industry has shown significant growth in the past decades, and more and more women (as well as men) allow themselves to be treated on a regular basis. For some it’s a matter of feeling good, for others it’s a matter of being more presentable in public, and for still others it’s about being able to keep up with the requirements of the job.
The problem, however, is that the unwanted incidents have grown just as much as the industry; more and more people are filing damage claims and personal injury claims due to beauty treatments. There’s no treatment without risk. Have you ever been a victim? Here’s what you should remember if you suffer an injury due to beauty treatments.
Beauty treatment claims
There are various kinds of beauty injury claims, depending on the kind of treatment and the injuries sustained. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Burns or serious irritation due to waxing or other forms of hair removal
- Irritation, burns, scalding, or allergic reactions due to chemicals used in beauty treatments
- Skin damage, irritation, or other complications due to tattoos and their removal
- Infections and other negative effects from piercings
- Burns due to laser treatment
There are certain actions that the beauty salon or other treatment centre must undertake in order to make sure that there are no unwanted side effects. Look out for the following:
- Young and untrained personnel who have no experience and are not able to explain the procedure very well
- Personnel who cannot explain the possible side effects of any tools or chemicals that are used
- Personnel or management who insist that this is the only procedure available, without explaining the risks
- Personnel not giving you a patch test before applying chemicals or other treatment substances.
Suffering an injury can have serious consequences to you (both for your professional and personal life), as well as to your family. If something untoward happens, it’s simply not fair that you should bear the suffering without there being any consequences – or without you receiving compensation of any kind.
Furthermore, because the beauty industry is so heavily unregulated, it’s only proper for anyone to report abuse or accidents; we don’t want the same thing to happen to other customers, and it’s time people speak up against neglect or assault. If you have ever been a victim of beauty treatments gone wrong, speak up – seek legal help and make your claim. It’s important for you, but also to ensure the number of accidents significantly decrease and the industry becomes safer for everyone.
Image attributed to Pixabay.com