Your scent is as unique as your fingerprints. If you learn to choose it, you will feel more cheerful, energized and seductive
Since ancient times, humans have sought different scents and fragrances that served as an offering to divinities, to enjoy them in religious rituals and to apply them in the body. This concept inspires books, movies, and the most extravagant gastronomic dishes. A perfume can contain from 70 to 300 ingredients, but the basic ones are natural essential oil or synthetic essence, alcohol and a fixative. In 2013, 380 perfumes were launched all over the world. Enough for you to open one in the morning, another at noon and one more at night for a whole year. But you do not have to try them all to choose the best one for you.
The Brazilian Danielle Barbizán, the olfactory manager of Natura Cosméticos, ensures that our taste for aromas is learned: “An odor has a different meaning for each one. Whether it is positive or not depends on your personal experience. For example, if something very good happened to you and there was an odor at that moment, that fragrance is in your memory like something positive and vice versa.Here are some keys.
There are several fragrances that can be classified into six olfactory paths.According to Barbizan, these can be:
Citric. With notes of lemon, tangerine, orange and grapefruit. They are light and volatile fragrances. They are characterized by freshness. Your starting notes are appreciated up to 30 minutes.
Herbal. Sage, rosemary, cumin and lavender combine to give rise to natural and fresh fragrances, ideal in men’s perfumes. Your starting notes are enjoyed up to 30 minutes.
Floral. The notes of jasmine, roses, gardenias, violets and other flowers for fine and delicate women predominate. Sometimes fruit and woody notes are added. To use in summer. Your starting notes last between 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Frugal. Here we find an explosion of peach, melon, watermelon and passion fruit that give rise to the youthful perfumes. Your output notes will be between 30 minutes to 4 hours.
Candy. With warm and creamy raw materials like milk, cinnamon, vanilla and chocolate combine to create masculine and feminine fragrances. Your departure notes are appreciated from 4 hours to more.
Wood. Patchouli, cedar, sandalwood, oak and other woods originate aromas for sensual and passionate people. Use in the afternoon or evening. Your starting notes are enjoyed from 4 hours onwards.
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST?
– The colony of babies. Concentration of aromatic essence: 2% Duration: 4 hours.
– Splash the body spray. Concentration of aromatic essence: 5-7% Duration: 4 hours.
– Bath water or Eau de toilette. Concentration of essence: 10-14% Duration: 8 hours.
– Eau de perfume. Concentration of essence: 15-17% Duration: 10 hours
GOOD SENSE OF SMELL
• Do not store your perfume bottle in the bathroom. Moisture, temperature changes or sunlight could damage it. The best place for your perfumes is the wardrobe. A good fragrance can last up to 10 years.
• Anosmia is the loss of the sense of smell. Over the years, we lose the ability to quickly recognize aromatic molecules, so we have to exercise our noses daily, to relate aromas to situations, people or things.
• The smell also gives flavor. For example, when we try a chocolate without breathing, we only appreciate 30% of its flavor. When we breathe, we will feel an explosion on the palate.
• The perfume is an accessory and a cosmetic at the same time because it completes your look and must be retouched from time to time.
There are two moments to choose the ideal perfume:
First, you have to discover the best smell that pleases your memory through the olfactory strips, two centimeters away. If you can not tell which one you like best, smell your clean skin and try again. Eye, it is advisable to smell coffee beans alone, if you drink it daily.
Once the fragrance is chosen, apply it on your skin. Wait a few seconds to be absorbed, to evaporate the alcohol and smell again. Choose the one that best matches your essence